Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Congratulations, Dr. S!



One of my oldest and closest friends has recently become Dr. S! I have known her since we were three and ever since then (I may be exaggerating here, but trust me, not by much!), she has wanted to be a doctor. Over the years, the rest of us were torn and undecided about what we wanted to be when we grew up but not her. She has always known she wanted to be a doctor, and it was something she pursued with passion and conviction, especially in the last six or so years.

Of all the people I know, this is one person who has shown me the true meaning of dedication and discipline, of fighting for your dream and never giving up. I have known a lot of other people who have become doctors, but none with passion like yours. Many who regret studying medicine or who fell into this profession simply because that was the profession to be. But not you. You are what makes this profession a noble one. I always enjoyed reading your emails, punctuated with anecdotes about medicine or simply about how happy it makes you. For me, this is what makes a great doctor. Not the official certificate that legalises you as one, but your convictions, your passion and your dedication.

Congratulations, hun. I am so so proud of you xxx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Manda!!!!!! This is probably the second best thing after I got my results!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!! :)))) And of course, the only one who probably believes in me this much! Love you heaps xxxx

    ReplyDelete